Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SSSOOONNNGGGG!

The song I am going to choose is not really what I would call special to me but it is a song going out to women everywhere about cheating boyfriends, which I believe is a great song and it makes me believe more in woman. The song I am going to talk about is “Think before he cheats” by Carrie Underwood. In her song she talks about all the things she does to her ex boyfriends car once she finds out that he cheated on her with another woman. She “digs her keys into the side of his pretty little souped up four wheel drive, carves her name into his leather seats, takes a Louisville slugger to both headlights, slashes a hole in all four tires”, just so that way he thinks before the next time that he cheats. ;) This song makes me laugh because I think guys under estimate girls when it comes to how they treat them. Carrie Underwood makes sure she shows this guy that he needs to learn how to treat girls and not just play them like a little game and it is a very powerful song. I do not believe in cheating and do not think that any guy should ever mess with a girls head and be unfaithful. Most men do it, but every woman needs to find a man that wont!

Five Elements of Rhetorical Situations
Purpose: The purpose in her song I think is to show men that they should not cheat on their significant other because of what COULD happen.
Audience: All women who have ever had a cheating boyfriend.
Genre: Country
Stance: She has a very angry stance I feel like by the sound of the song.
Media: American Idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment